Running Technique Coach
The Running Technique Coach (RTC) course will train you how to coach running technique and provide you with the skills to coach others. We will coach you to coach.
You will learn how to coach technique, how to plan and run technique coaching sessions, what to correct and how to progress runners from beginners to intermediate level. The emphasis will be on real-time coaching and leading sessions in an outdoor setting.
This programme, which is based on tried and tested coaching methodologies, will incorporate step-by-step instructions on coaching running technique, starting with beginner runners from walking to 5k, and training sessions on how to progress your intermediate level runners.
As a qualified Running Technique Coach, you will have the opportunity of becoming a part of The Running School coaching network and have the knowledge to coach and inspire runners of all categories. You will also have the opportunity to progress your learning and expertise through further courses with The Running School. The skills you learn will help you develop and expand upon your part-time or full-time business – while helping runners achieve their goals.
RTC Programme Features & Benefits
What you will Learn
- Running Technique Biomechanics
- Running Technique Coaching – Theory
- Running Technique Coaching – Practical
- How to Warm-Up a Group
- Coaching outdoor sessions – Groups & Individuals
- Coaching Beginner Runners
- Coaching Intermediate Runners
- Muscle Activation
- Mobility For Runners
- Technique Coaching Session Plans
● Be listed as a Running Technique Coach on The Running School website*
● Training manual on methodology and theory
● Technique training sessions & programmes to use with your clients
● Practical exercise handbook
● Access to video resources for learning and coaching
● Coaching log to record ongoing coaching hours
* Upon completion and verification of the required coaching hours
Certification Requirements for RTC
The course combines both theory and practical coaching sessions, where you will be coached and coach others. All coaching sessions will be outdoors. To receive your Running Technique Coach Certification you are required to complete the course and pass the practical coaching assessment and receive a pass mark on the multiple choice questionnaire. Once certified you will receive a certificate and a badge you can display online. Once you have completed your 50 coaching hours you will be listed on our website as a Running Technique Coach. Our goal is that at the end of the course every participant can competently coach running technique and know how to structure and take a session.
- Running School Philosophy and Methodology
- Running Biomechanics
- Running Re-education Theory
- Running Re-education Practical
- Coaching Practical Part 1
- Muscle Activation
- Coaching Practical Part 2
- Case Studies
- Running Sessions Breakdown
- Mobility for Runners
What you get
- Coaches Handbook
- Detailed Running Sessions
- Running Technique Coaching Drills
- Warm-up Sessions
- Mobility and Activation Exercise Library
- Certificate and Certification logo/badge
You will receive a comprehensive training manual with practical session plans that you can use straight away. You will also receive a library of videos and images of exercises.
How will you be assessed
- Complete the Online Theory Assessment and achieve a pass mark of 75%
- Submit a video clip of you coaching
- Submit your Coaching Log for 50 Hours