The Running School for KidsCurrent Status
The Kids Running Technique Coaching Programme is designed to help your child improve their running technique, a fundamental life skill that can be taught and improved upon to improve running efficiency, speed and reduce the risk of future injuries.
This special running programme for kids considers their growth, their co-ordination and ability. The sessions are suitable for ages 6-14 years old and of all abilities – from very sporty kids to those who are not confident in activity and sport.
We will look at your child’s running technique using video analysis, this will allow us to identify any inefficiencies that could cause injury or prevent your child from moving and running faster. The homework sessions are dedicated to learning the correct technique by using our accelerated learning methods. At the end of the programme, we will re-test to show improvements and you will receive a before & after video of running technique improvements.
One of the things that will help children to improve most throughout the process of our programme is the old saying of “practice makes perfect”.
This package includes:
- Personalized Biomechanical Analysis Video Report
- 5 x Online Running Technique Coaching Lessons
- 4 x Online Dynamic Movement Skills Lessons
- Corresponding Practice Session Plans
- Warm-Up Sessions for Kids
- Balance, Coordination & Active Recovery Exercises for Kids
This package could be for you if…
- You have seen them run and believe their running seems awkward or inefficient
- You would like your child to improve their fitness and perform better in all sports
- Your child is falling behind their classmates in running or sport
- They have some injuries and pains and you’d like to find out what the real cause might be
- Your child has shown an interest in running and you’d like to help them realise their full potential in running
- You want their running to feel easier, lighter, and more efficient
* A note on recording your videos: Full instructions on recording your videos are available once you register. We’ve made it easy so that you can record and upload directly from your smartphone. Follow the guidelines in the ‘Record you Videos’ section once you register for the course. If you have access to a treadmill for recording your videos, this will allow for a more in-depth analysis of your biomechanics. However, if you don’t have access to a treadmill, then you can still record your videos outside with the help of a friend/family member. We will still be able to give you a valuable video analysis report.
- Kids of all abilities from ages 6-16