The evidence is abundantly clear: Movement and cognition are inextricably linked. Our brain develops and grows through movement and we can improve academic learning, memory and con-centration through more frequent movement at school. Walking, running and dynamic movements are important life skills that can often be neglected in schools.
We need to teach children good movement skills and then re-teach them better movement as they grow and develop. It’s not just for the kids that do sport, its movement for all.
Based on the latest research and 30 years of coaching experience, The Kids Movement Skills programme covers both the theoretical and practical application of what to observe, what to change and how to teach movement. Teaching children to achieve movement literacy -improving body control in walking, running and dynamic movement skills -improves self-confidence and enhances learning and social skills.
This could be your child if…
- Your child has been diagnosed (or mis-diagnosed) as dyspraxic or having a movement deficiency
- Your child lacks balance and body control
- Your child lacks coordination and struggles with sport basics; throwing, catching, jumping, running.
- They are falling behind their classmates in sport
- You as a parent want to learn how kids can improve their movement and what is the correct and incorrect training to improve speed safely.
How it Works
- Get session-by-session movement coaching instructions by video on what to change, how to change and when
- Follow a weekly movement programme
- Each session is designed to be 15-30 mins long to ensure the child is engaged and the sessions are fun
- Get specific videos on improve speed through plyometrics, box-jumps and indoor training
- Get extra videos on mobility, strength and warm-up
- Access Anywhere! Access your technique coaching, mobility, and strength videos, as well as your technique training plan from any device, anytime.
- Get re-analysed to see how they’ve improved with tips to improve further
- Weekly Skype sessions with their dedicated speed coach
We continue to work with young and professional athletes from the Premier League and The Championship, Rugby Union, track and field, handball, basketball and lacrosse. We have been lucky to have worked with Olympians and Olympic gold medallists, World Champions and European Champions. We also work with National Soccer Federations and Olympic Associations in various countries, running courses for their staff and consulting.