The benefits of consistent Strength Training are many and varied and include improvements in muscle tone, muscle endurance and an increase in muscle strength, increase in bone density, and strengthening of the tendons and ligaments. It also helps improve the metabolic efficiency (burning fat) and reduce the risk of injury.
Strength-training doesn’t just bring along physical changes, it has also been proven to help people psychologically, particularly by increasing confidence, energy, and self-esteem.
When we talk about strength training, most of us think about weight training. Although it’s true that weight training is one form of resistance training, anything that makes a muscle work harder can be classified as resistance training.
Own body weight exercises, throwing medicine balls, using resistance bands are also regarded as strength training.
This could be you if…
- You love running but have never loved going to the gym and could use some guidance as to which exercises will help improve your running
- You want to get faster and improve your personal bests
- You have some injuries and pains and you’d like to find out how to reduce these niggles
- You’ve spent a lot of money on personal trainers and personal treatments, but you keep getting injured
- You want to recover from runs faster and be able to push your body to higher limits
How it Works
- Get weekly strength coaching instructions by video
- Have access to our extensive video library with over 500 strength exercises designed specifically for runners
- Get a custom-built strength programme by our expert coaches.
- Get extra videos on mobility and warm-up
- Access Anywhere! Access your warm-up, mobility, and strength videos, as well as your training plan from any device, anytime.
- Bi-weekly support from our expert coaching team
- Imagine what it would be like to run and train consistently, improve
your personal best time in races without the interruption of injury.
- Bi-weekly Skype sessions with your coach
Strength training will help prevent injuries and improve your performance.
We are one of the leading Running Technique and Running Coaching organisations in the world. We have been analysing and coaching runners to run faster and more efficiently and assisting with rehabilitation after injury or surgery since 1994. We have worked with over 35,000 individuals.